Secondary Evidence for VAWA Petitions and VAWA Cancellation of Removal
- The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) provides relief to non-citizens who are victims of domestic violence.
- Orders of protection can be used as supporting evidence for other forms of domestic violence (DV) based immigration relief. Examples of DV based immigration relief include:
- Self-petitions for survivors abused by a US citizen or lawful permanent resident qualifying relative
- Battered spouse waivers for conditional residents (with green cards expiring in 2 years from date of initial grant) of USC’s or LPR’s
- Domestic violence-based cancellation of removal for qualifying survivors