FCA Article 4 - Child Support

Documentation – Non-Citizen Payees

  • Non-Citizen Payees often do not have documentation that may be required for income deductions & support enforceability (e.g., social security number, ITIN or other biographical documentation).
  • Ways the court may resolve this issue:
    • Allow Non-Citizen Payees to provide other information.
    • Refer to the NYS Department of Child Support Enforcement (NYS DCSE) for further assistance on acceptable documentation.
    • Request that NYS DCSE provide information to court and FAQs on website about documentation.