- Even if an Order of Protection is NOT violated, any person who is NOT a U.S. citizen may be subject to other immigration consequences including:
- Denial of a Deportation Waiver which would protect someone from being deported.
- Denial of an Immigration Benefit including lawful permanent residence and citizenship.
- Interrogation after travel abroad and possible denial of reentry to the United States.
One of the most common consequences is the denial of immigration benefits.
- Immigrants who seek U visas, lawful permanent residence, citizenship, and other types of immigration benefits may face:
- Outright denials
- Delays in adjudication that can last for years
- This can impact the CHILDREN of immigrants who typically derive immigration status from their parents.